We are moving into greater anointing and authority than we’ve ever seen before. However, we’ve already seen attempts to limit our freedom to minister. These will continue, especially in seasons of persecution. God has already given us the pattern to continue to move as freely as possible in carrying out His work. That’s why we need to remain true to our calling.
Some want to define us as a “non-government organization” (NGO) or a “non-profit organization” (NPO). It may be easier when speaking to government officials or bankers to use those terms. But these should not define us. For one thing, both terms begin with “non.” That’s not who we are. But we, as YWAMers, are a spiritual movement of followers of Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible.
Who and What is YWAM?
1. We are the waves...
· According to the vision God showed me in June of 1956,
· Obeying and completing the Great Commission of Jesus.
2. YWAM is called to be constantly...
3. As followers of Jesus Christ, in an all-volunteer, faith-missionary movement, YWAM includes...
· People of every nationality, tribe, ethnicity (people groups),
and language groups,
· All generations, but with youth as the majority.
4. Therefore, as long as YWAM has these elements and is...
· Led and anointed by the Holy Spirit;
· Continuing to be God-fearing, remaining close to Jesus as Lord;
· Praising and worshiping Him;
· Advancing in the “alls” and “everys” of the Great Commission implicit in the covenantal vision of the “waves” which calls us to always innovate and co-create with God in fresh ways for the accomplishment of His purposes;
· Doing all as a scriptural-based movement, fulfilling all of His commands, with priestly intercession, and the five-fold ministry gifts operating among us;
· While building His kingdom, planting good seed that grows into mature followers of Jesus, and spiritually alive, lasting institutions, that are linked to the YWAM movement spiritually, relationally and with the same vision and values of YWAM, but are not related legally, as each entity must “render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s but to God the things that are God’s.” These include institutions such as schools for children, YWAM bases, UofN campuses, churches, families, healthcare clinics, ships, and more that serve to transform both individuals and societies in every one of the 4k Omega Zones of geography and in all the social & demographic spheres and groups through servant leadership.
As long as we remain faithful to these and to God’s Word, YWAM has a bright, fruitful, and growing future with God.
YWAM is and continues to be a global family of diverse ministries that are united in Jesus Christ with the same covenant, vision and values, as we are bonded together to Him and to one another, worshiping and learning together.
Jesus is Winning! We also win if we stay close to Jesus, and do, be and teach the above.
“Of the increase of His government and of peace, there will be no end... The zeal of The Lord of Hosts will do this” Isaiah 9:7 (ESV).
Loren Cunningham (September/October, 2013)
P.S. You probably noticed that many nouns, verbs and adjectives above are in BOLD. I want to challenge you to make a serious study of the Scripture regarding these concepts, either through the exact words or through implication. We need these foundational understandings from the Bible for all of YWAM in the days ahead. Discover them; live them; then teach them and YWAM will live!
*We ask that you do not alter the wording or content of the above text.
11/9/2013 06:08:36 pm
11/11/2013 01:30:46 pm
Thank you Loren for sharing with us.
11/11/2013 04:28:08 pm
Mahalo Plenty Loren. Good Word!!
11/11/2013 09:56:45 pm
Praise the Lord for the part YWAM has and continues to play in our lives, mine and Judy's and our two kids from 1976 to 1982. Our lives will never be the same. HE IS GOOD AND WORTHY OF ALL THE PRAISE. AMEN, AMEN.
11/12/2013 01:01:52 am
Where was this originally published?
11/22/2013 05:35:32 pm
This was sent out to all of us staff, through our national and regional communications. We each received a copy.
Jackie Ewers Diehl
11/12/2013 02:43:13 am
Thank you, Loren, for the vision you have imparted to us all. God bless you.
11/22/2013 09:14:18 pm
Thank you Loren for your consistency over the years in reinforcing God's vision, and clarifying the vision to include so many diverse ministries.
11/24/2013 12:54:36 pm
I thank God so much for YWAM especially a leader like Loren and true disciples and servant leaders birth forth since YWAM was founded. The vison is godly and embraces all that of GOD for every child of God: to be, do and teach/preach in His anointing and authority to any human being on earth.
Leave a Reply.
Dustin has been serving as a missionary for 24 years. Here is where he places some of his teaching, thoughts, and updates.